We have recently welcomed a new member to our Corporate Account Management team with the appointment of Sharon Marshall.
Sharon brings a wealth of knowledge and experience and will be responsible for broadening Mortgage Brain’s relationships with corporate accounts and networks, and delivering new sales. Sharon previously worked as a National Account Manager at Santander for eight years, and most recently with Countrywide as Head of Insurance Sales and GI.
We invited Sharon to answer 10 questions to find out a bit more about her:
1. What was your first job?
Cashier at Abbey National
2. If you could pick one theme for Mortgage Brain to turn into a book, what would it be?
Not sure yet, but as a reader of true life crime and fictional serial killers, this may prove a challenge.
3. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That’s a tricky one. I think it would be a combination of a curried Sunday dinner and if I could choose a pudding, it would be cheese all the way!
4. Before working at Mortgage Brain, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
As a teenager, I managed to get a Saturday job in a Clarks shoe shop. On my very first day, I successfully sold three pairs of shoes to one lady. The Manager was so impressed he gave me a pay rise of 75p per hour! I am not sure if the successful sale was down to my fabulous customer engagement skills or the fact that the lady was partially sighted! (I joke not; I nearly tried a pair of shoes on her guide dog!)
5. Any random facts you could share with us?
I get very bad lane rage when swimming! Not that I am competitive but I get very frustrated with swimmers who select the wrong lane in which to carry out their swim. Leisurely swimmers opting for the fast freestyle lane drives me insane.
6. What is the favourite part about working for Mortgage Brain so far?
It is like being part of a family
7. Are you messy or organised?
Very organised and one of life’s planners!
8. What is your best moment at Mortgage Brain so far?
The welcome on my first day! The day started with a choice of breakfast sandwich coupled with a dress down day! Plus a team member’s 50th birthday with cake for all!
9. You’re happiest when?
Spending time with my family and friends.
10. What have you found the most challenging at Mortgage Brain a week in?
Trying to remember everyone’s names and roles!
We wish Sharon every success in her new role at Mortgage Brain and we hope you enjoyed getting to know her a bit better!