We recently appointed Jonathan White as one of our new Lender Development Managers. Jonathan joins us with 25 years financial services and technology experience, previously as sales and commercial director at Personal Touch Financial Services. Other roles include head of strategic relationships at 1st Exchange, director of provider management at Sesame, operations director at Misys IFA Services and a number of positions with Bankhall Investment Associates.
In his new role, Jonathan will be responsible for developing further technology partnerships with UK lenders, both from an intermediary and retail perspective with a strong focus on supporting lender requirements in the lead up to, and compliance with, the European Mortgage Credit Directive.
We wanted to get to know Jonathan a bit better so we asked him 10 questions to find out more. Here they are:
1. What was your first job?
2. If you could pick a theme for a book about Mortgage Brain, what would it be?
‘Staying ahead of the game’ – the story of a passionate group of technology enthusiasts, who create new solutions and quietly deliver to their adoring customers, just moments before they realise the need…
3. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The famous Russian dish Beef Stroganoff, served with paglia e fieno – великолепный!
4. Before working at Mortgage Brain, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Most interesting – Sales and Commercial Director at Personal Touch; for too many reasons to mention.
Most unusual – Unpaid cricket coach to my sons, Josh and George
5. Any random facts you could share with us?
· I am a current World Record holder and feature in the Guinness Book of World Records…
· I once flew to Orlando on the flight deck of a Boeing 767
· I used to get paid for playing football
6. What is the favourite thing about working for Mortgage Brain so far?
The total openness and honesty to each other and to our customers.
7. Are you messy or organised?
Messy at home (Rachel (my partner) would say), organised at work…
8. Which is your favourite Mortgage Brain product and why?
MortgageBrain Anywhere, because it does exactly what it should and leads the way with any device technology.
9. You’re happiest when?
Sitting with Rachel, on a sunny day with a picnic hamper, a glass of wine, watching our boys play cricket.
10. What have you found the most challenging at Mortgage Brain?
This is easy…. my M54, M6, M5 journey into the Bromsgrove office!